Monday 20 January 2014

Dark

A poem I wrote in the 11th grade...


I sit here enveloped by darkness...
The only source of light
Is a big pale white circle
Called the moon,
One of it's kind.
But it is not only that.
There is also light from lights
Creeping in, overpowering
The gentle dimness.
It is entirely too dark to see.
Just like it is in my heart, mind, body and soul.
And as I sit at the window
Trying to soak in as much light as possible,
There are just too many shadows crossing my path
Hindering my view of the inside.
Those tiny slivers of light
Are just that - too tiny.
And are not big enough to open my eyes to the inside
They are too small to eliminate the black
And as I try to bring in light
Only more dark comes instead
As hard as I may try,
Light is just not enough
It gets lost in the dark.

And there is nothing that can help it go through
Light the place up
Brighten the inside...

Everything is just dark
Everything is filled with shadows
And as light moves in
It gets enclosed in dark
The dark that envelopes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment