Thursday 23 January 2014

Hemidactylus

It's a brilliant creature, the Hemidactylus. As prehistoric as it sounds, it lives on today, causing the most unnatural amount of chaos in people's lives. I warn you to stay away from the people it affects rather than the poor thing at all. It does absolutely nothing (except eat up all the mosquitoes, as far as I know) and yet everyone gets in a frenzy as soon as they see it. I would know. I've been faced by many. It's not as rare as it sounds and I'm pretty sure you've seen it too. At least once. They are usually solitary, or so I've seen. And I'm happy. If they were more in number at a time, the screaming would never stop, and that would be absolutely painful.

As sadistic as I may sound, it is one of the perfect ways to scare a girl mindless. Maybe even a guy, just to see his ego crumble before the sight of it. Animal lovers need not worry. They are perfectly harmless, and not much harms them either, except maybe humans or a natural predator. You could find them in cities, villages. No matter where you go, you'll find one if you look hard enough. Except maybe at a posh 7-star hotel. Or a cold place. They don't do well there.

You don't even have to run halfway across the world to see one. You don't need to go to the zoo either. I don't think they keep one there, forget more (at least not the species I'm talking about). You could find one at home!

Which is exactly how I came to be writing this. I saw one at home, after a rather long time. The panic it caused in my mom, who refused to sleep in her room because of it (she ultimately did, though). The things I had to do to help my mom throw it out (a stun gun - basically a spray bottle with water. I had to spray it with water to knock it out so my mom could sweep it off it's feet). But it disappeared (the stun gun didn't work... a myth after all...). So it's still in the room... maybe...

No, it's not a cockroach, though I guess that might have made sense if we were anti-killing-of-animals and did not use 'Hit' to exterminate them.

No, it's a lizard. Your friendly, regular, house-mate, which usually belongs on the garden wall...
Told you it's brilliant...

No comments:

Post a Comment