Tuesday 28 January 2014

Victims of Menopause

This was written when I was in a state of mind where I was being forced into studying subjects I didn't exactly want to... I was quite confused about what to do in life (which is very normal everywhere, except at the school I went to, and so I was quite worried like my parents). The behavior my parental units were showing was not helping with the stress I was putting on myself.
But at the end of the day, I love my parents and they cannot be more supportive of me than they already are.
And yes they have read this. At least my mom did.

WARNING:
This is purely for your entertainment and cannot be used as an argument against your parents.
Don't bother trying.
Only because it is a piece of exaggeration. And perspective.



Menopause is the beginning of the end in a human. Well, almost. Now you'd think it's all those adult males and females bordering on the 50's who are the victims I'm talking about. But it's not. It's actually their kids. Possibly, and sadly, their teenage kids.

Scientifically, menopause brings about crazy mood swings in adults (all thanks to hormonal imbalances much like in a teenager). And the brunt of these mood swings is borne by the kid.

Your parents are cranky. Then they are happy. The next minute they are screaming at you for something you didn't do. Then they give you a hug and forgive you. And it goes on, while you stand in the midst of it all with your own teenage-sized problems. All the changing behavior is enough to drive you absolutely crazy.

You wake up one morning, bright and cheerful. Your mom's been having a bad morning, who knows why. While you're minding your own happy business, she begins yelling at you to hurry so you can finish your homework or study. So you do just that by swallowing breakfast and staying in your room with an open Chemistry book.

Until your dad comes in. He's been sleepy and sort of happy so far. He's just up to wish you 'Good morning'. But he sees the mess and starts complaining about the mess and tells you to clean up immediately. Again, you do just that. And if it's not those two daily complaints, it's probably something to do with household chores or how India can't win because they are horrible at cricket or about your future and choice of college with all the necessary prepping to be done...

You're stuck between two, not one, but two adults in menopause. It gets weirder when your mom suddenly walks in while you're studying, just to give you a hug you never even asked for. It's as if she's near her death. It's that creepy.

This just goes to show that it is us, the adult population's kids and teens, who are victims of menopause. Not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment